Suspected holdup man killed in Makati; 3 accomplices nabbed
Police said they have busted a criminal gang responsible for a series of robberies targeting Indian nationals following the killing of one suspect and the arrest of his three accomplices in Makati on Friday.
The fatality was identified as Joemark dela Serna, 25. Police said he was gunned down as he was about to shoot the members of the Criminal and Investigation Detection Group-Quezon City (CIDG-QC) at 11:30 a.m. at the corner of Enrique and Filmore Streets in Barangay Palanan.
Another man, 25-year-old Jawee Mike Santos, was shot in the back. He was brought to the Ospital ng Makati for treatment.
The members of CIDG-QC led by Chief Insp. Garman Manabat also arrested the other suspects, Rodolfo dela Cruz, 25, and Edmundo Sarmiento, 23.
Case investigator SPO2 Ador Robles of the Makati police said the suspects robbed Raj Bring, an Indian national involved in microlending business, of P54,300 cash in Palanan.
But they were confronted by members of the CIDG-QC, police said.
Earlier in the day, the suspects divested another Indian national of cash in Pasay City.
According to Senior Supt. Jerry Umayao, Makati police chief, the four suspects have a standing complaint by a previous victim, Ras Bring, a 57-year-old Indian national, and a resident of Sta. Ana, Manila.
He said the suspects were involved in a series of robberies in Manila, Pasay and Makati.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.