Autopsy shows Kian died of 3 gunshot wounds
The 17-year old boy Kian Delos Santos who was killed in a raid in Caloocan for allegedly fighting it out with the police died of three gunshot wounds–at his back, behind the left ear and inside the left ear.
An autopsy was conducted Sunday morning from 7:30 a.m to 10:30 a.m. by a team of forensic experts led by Dr. Erwin Erfe.
The procedure was conducted upon the family’s request.
Based on the examination, Kian sustained three gunshot wounds; the first entry point was at his back.
The second entry point was behind the left ear while the third entry point was inside the left ear. Both bullets, according to Dr. Erfe in a phone interview, exited at the right side of the head.
Dr. Erfe said the first and second shots were fired while Kian was on the ground, facedown.
“Nakasubsob siya and ‘yung shooter nasa paanan niya,” Dr. Erfe said.
On the third wound, which was fired inside the left ear, he said the shooter was on the victim’s left side.
Dr. Erfe said they cannot tell if it was the same shooter but all wounds came from a 9mm firearm.
Kian’s family sought the assistance of the Public Attorneys’ Office (PAO) to charge the police officers responsible for their son’s death.
PAO Chief Persida Rueda-Acosta said they are already preparing the filing of a complaint against the police officers who participated in the one-time bigtime raid in Caloocan where Kian was killed.
“We are already collating all the evidence that we will use in the filing of the complaint within the week,” she said Monday in a phone interview.
Kian was killed during a police anti-drug operation in Barangay 160 in Caloocan City on Wednesday night last week. JE
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.