LIST: ‘DDS member’ bares alleged Duterte-ordered killings
A confessed hired killer and alleged member of the infamous Davao Death Squad surfaced before the Senate hearing on extrajudicial killings on Thursday and revealed killings, abductions, and assassination plots allegedly ordered by former Davao City mayor and now President Rodrigo Duterte.
Edgar Matobato, who claimed to be a former member of the Citizen Armed Force Geographical Unit (Cafgu), also tagged Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) director Dante Gierran, Philippine National Police chief Rolando de la Rosa, and Duterte’s alleged right hand man SPO4 Arthur Lascañas in the killings.
Here’s a list of casualties of alleged kill orders from Duterte and his son Paolo:
- Massacre of Muslims at a mosque following the Davao cathedral bombing in 1993
- Suspected foreign terrorist Sali Makdum (2002), kidnapped in the Island Garden City of Samal and brought to office of then PAOCTF chief Dela Rosa
- Bodyguards of former House Speaker Prospero Nograles, who challenged Duterte in the 2010 elections
- A man whom Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte had an argument with over a traffic altercation
- A Land Transportation Office fixer shot dead and dumped in San Rafael village in 2013
- Three women, alleged drug pushers, dumped on a road in San Rafel village in 2013
- Jun Barsabal, a member of a religious group (1993), killed because “he was squatting on lands”
- Hotelier Richard King in 2014 (ordered by Paolo Duterte)
- Radio broadcaster Jun Pala in 2003
- A dance instructor, boyfriend of Duterte’s sister Jocelyn, abducted in Jacinto street and killed at Ma-A quarry (2013)
- Jamisola, an NBI agent, allegedly killed by Duterte himself using UZI in 2007