Saturday, October 21, 2017
Close  
newsinfo / Regions

4 missing Bolinao fishermen found alive in Ilocos Sur

newsinfo / Regions
  • share this

4 missing Bolinao fishermen found alive in Ilocos Sur

By: - Correspondent / @yzsoteloINQ
/ 04:38 PM October 03, 2011

DAGUPAN CITY, Philippines—–The four missing fishermen from Bolinao, Pangasinan, whose boat capsized in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) when typhoons “Pedring” and “Quiel” crossed northern Luzon last week, were found alive in Ilocos Sur on Monday, police said.

Chief Inspector Noriel Rombaoa, Bolinao police chief, said crew members of the MV Jorong, a ship registered in Panama, rescued Dante del Fierro, 35; Joseph Caasi, 38; Eduardo de la Cruz, 57; and Ricardo Castillo, 47, some 25 nautical miles west of Sta. Cruz, Ilocos Sur.

Rombaoa said the ship was to bring the fishermen to Poro Point in San Fernando City, La Union, later on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said the fishermen’s families told police that their relatives went out to sea on Del Fierro’s motorized banca on September 29 after Typhoon Pedring left the country and when weather conditions improved.

They were supposed to return the following day but their boat was battered by strong winds accompanying Typhoon Quiel. Their families were able to talk to them through their mobile phones in the afternoon of October 1, but they lost contact later that day.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Missing fishermen, Philippines - Regions, Typhoon
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.




© Copyright 1997-2016 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved