Cynthia Villar is richest senator, Trillanes ‘poorest’
SENATOR Cynthia Villar remained the richest member of the Senate while Senator Antonio Trillanes IV was the “poorest” based on their 2014 statement of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALN).
Villar, wife of former Senator Manny Villar and the only billionaire member of the Senate, had a total assets of P1.983 billion. Trillanes’ net worth was only P5.5 million.
The second richest member was Senator Ralph Recto with P522M, followed by Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. (P200.5M), Senator Jinggoy Estrada (P192.8 million), and Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. (P181.9 million)
Both Estrada and Revilla have been charged with plunder and detained over the pork barrel scam.
Senator Juan Ponce Enrile, who was also charged and detained along with Estrada and Revilla, was the sixth richest member with P121 million, followed by Senator Teofisto Guingona III P113.4 million, Senator Sergio Osmeña III with P107 million, and Senator Grace Poe with P89.464 million.
Senator Franklin Drilon was the 13th richest senator with P73.12 million.
While her family is being accused of amassing unexplained wealth, Senator Nancy Binay only ranked 16th with P62.558 million.
Below is the list of the senators’ net worth in 2014.
- Senator Cynthia Villar (P1.983B)
- Senator Ralph Recto (P522M)
- Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr (P200.5M)
- Senator Jinggoy Estrada (P192.8M)
- Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr (P181.9M)
- Senator Juan Ponce Enrile (P121M)
- Senator Teofisto Guingona III (P113.4M))
- Senator Serge Osmeña III (P107 M)
- Senator Sonny Angara (P100.357M)
- Senator Grace Poe (P89.464M)
- Senator JV Ejercito (P75.5M)
- Senator Pia Cayetano (P73.4M)
- Senate President Franklin Drilon (P73.125M)
- Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago (P73.033M)
- Senator Vicente Sotto (P64.28M)
- Senator Nancy Binay (P62.558M)
- Senator Loren Legarda (P39. 6M)
- Senator Lito Lapid (P33. 8M)
- Sen. Bam Aquino (P24.536 M)
- Senator Alan Cayetano (P23.314 M)
- Sen. Gringo Honasan (P21. 225M)
- Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III (P18 M)
- Senator Francis Escudero (P6. 049M)
- Senator Antonio Trillanes IV (P5.549M)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.