Electrician fixing neon sign electrocuted
More News from Jeannette I. Andrade
More News from Philippine Daily Inquirer
Bryan Abdon, an electrician, of Lucena City, was replacing a busted light in the signage of a restaurant along Timog Avenue in Barangay (village) Sacred Heart, when he was electrocuted.
Abdon was declared dead on arrival by attending doctors of the East Avenue Medical Center.
Police Officer 2 Louie Serbito, of the Quezon City Police District Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (QCPD-CIDU), said that accident happened at around 2:30 a.m.
Serbito said that before the accident, Abdon had crawled inside the tube-shaped neon sign of the restaurant to replace a burned-out light.
The electrician was still working on the neon sign when his co-worker James Kevin Silvallana saw a pair of pliers fall from the signage.
According to the case investigator, Silvallana looked up to ask about the pliers but instead saw Abdon shaking violently. Silvallana immediately turned off the electricity and sought the help of barangay peace and security officers (BSPOs) and other restaurant employees.
The BPSOs took time to remove the body of the electrician from the signage before taking him to the nearest hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94