Electrician fixing neon sign electrocuted

SHARES:

03:59 PM June 8th, 2014

Recommended
June 8th, 2014 03:59 PM

MANILA, Philippines — A jolt of electricity killed early Sunday a man fixing a neon sign in Quezon City.

Bryan Abdon, an electrician, of Lucena City, was replacing a busted light in the signage of a restaurant along Timog Avenue in Barangay (village) Sacred Heart, when he was electrocuted.

Abdon was declared dead on arrival by attending doctors of the East Avenue Medical Center.

Police Officer 2 Louie Serbito, of the Quezon City Police District Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (QCPD-CIDU), said that accident happened at around 2:30 a.m.

Serbito said that before the accident, Abdon had crawled inside the tube-shaped neon sign of the restaurant to replace a burned-out light.

The electrician was still working on the neon sign when his co-worker James Kevin Silvallana saw a pair of pliers fall from the signage.

According to the case investigator, Silvallana looked up to ask about the pliers but instead saw Abdon shaking violently. Silvallana immediately turned off the electricity and sought the help of barangay peace and security officers (BSPOs) and other restaurant employees.

The BPSOs took time to remove the body of the electrician from the signage before taking him to the nearest hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

RELATED STORIES

Construction worker electrocuted after trying to reconnect power line

Laborer electrocuted, co-workers injured

Disclaimer: Comments do not represent the views of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments which are inconsistent with our editorial standards. FULL DISCLAIMER

TAGS:
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.