Malaysian PM refuses to confirm hijacking report
MANILA, Philippines—Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak refused to confirm Saturday that the missing Malaysia Airlines plane had been hijacked.
“Despite reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear that we are still investigating all the possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its flight path,” Razak said in a press conference Saturday.
After seven days of search, he said Malaysian authorities have not confirmed the precise location of the plane when it made its last contact with the satellite.
“However, based on the data, the aviation authorities have determined that the planes’ last communication with the satellite was with one in two corridors on the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, from Indonesia to southern Indian ocean,” he said.
The Prime Minister also said they are calling off their search operations in the South China Sea.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94