Central Visayas quake death toll rises to 213 | Inquirer News
Thursday, August 16, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Central Visayas quake death toll rises to 213

/ 01:04 PM October 26, 2013

MANILA, Philippines—Seven more bodies were found in the rubble following a 7.2 magnitude earthquake that hit Central Visayas last week, the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council said.

This brought to 213 the number of people who died as of 6 a.m. Saturday in the hardest hit provinces of Bohol, Cebu, Iloilo, and Negro Oriental, the NDRRMC said it its latest bulletin.

In Bohol alone, 199 bodies have been found while eight remain missing.

ADVERTISEMENT

A total of 742 were injured in Central Visayas, it added.

The October 15 tremor, which was even felt in some parts of Mindanao, affected over three million people.

The estimated damage to properties and infrastructure of the quake that destroyed homes, schools buildings, roads and bridges reached over P1.6 billion.

RELATED STORIES

Quake death toll breaches 200

UN seeks int’l aid for Bohol

ADVERTISEMENT
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bohol, Bohol quake, Calamities, Cebu, Earthquake, National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council, Sagbayan
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
newsinfo

2 killed, 39 arrested in Bohol police operations

August 16, 2018 11:08 PM

sports

NCAA suspends Ilagan for 3 games

August 16, 2018 10:46 PM

entertainment

‘Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin has died

August 16, 2018 10:11 PM



© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.