TRC chief assures BI of his return
MANILA, Philippines – Dennis Cunanan, the Technology Resource Center chief embroiled in the “pork barrel” scam, assured immigration officials of his return home from the United States.
He issued the statement after the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation said in news report that he and five others linked to the controversy were abroad.
“I will return home to answer allegations that I had a hand in the controversy,” said Cunanan, TRC director general.
The TRC chief, who immediately went on leave after he was named by one of the whistleblowers as Janet Lim-Napoles’ contact in the government agency, said he flew to the United States last Friday, September 13, to attend to a previously scheduled meeting of a private but international organization.
Last Monday, the Department of Justice and the National Bureau of Investigation filed plunder raps against several lawmakers and 38 others, including Cunanan.
Cunanan said he went to the US to preside over a meeting of the Junior Chamber International, where he is its incoming secretary general.
“As its incoming secretary general, I have to attend and preside over this body that is preparing for the international congress in Brazil this November 2013,” he said.
Cunanan said he cut short his trip to allay fears that he went into hiding.
“I have no intentions of hiding,” he stressed.
Whistle-blowers tag 2 Napoles contacts at TRC