Suspended Bureau of Corrections superintendent shot dead

A+
A
A-

MANILA, Philippines – A former Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) superintendent was shot dead as he was leaving his home at the New Bilibid Prison reservation in Muntinlupa City on Tuesday morning.

Francisco Abonales was driving his Pajero out of his garage at Vicar Village at around 8 a.m, when still unidentified assailants shot him, said Muntinlupa chief of police Senior Superintendent Roque Vega.

Abonales was taken to the Muntinlupa Medical Center but was pronounced dead at 9:30 a.m. due to multiple gunshot wounds.

Abonales was the former superintendent of the Sablayan Prison and Penal Farm but had been suspended, said BuCor director Franklin Bucayu. Bucayu did not provide details.

Vega confirmed this, saying Abonales was on floating status as an employee at the Office of the Director at the NBP.

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:

c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94

editors' picks

advertisement

popular

advertisement

videos