2 bodies of MNLF men recovered in Zamboanga City
More News from Inquirer Mindanao
ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines—Soldiers recovered early Sunday the bodies of two suspected Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) gunmen as they combed Sta. Catalina and Sta. Barbara villages here.
The recovery of the bodies took place amid renewed skirmishes reported by the Mindanao Human Rights Action Center, a non-government rights group.
In an advisory, MinHRAC said “rapid firing [was heard in the direction of] Sitio Kasanyangan in Sta. Catalina at 6 a.m. Sunday.”
“[There was also a] reported fire at a house on Martha Drive, Sta. Catalina at 8 a.m.,” MinHRAC said.
The Philippine Daily Inquirer saw the recovered bodies being loaded into the back of an Army personnel carrier on Pilar St.
The military earlier said up to 45 rebels might have died in firefight that started Monday although only about two dozens had been recovered thus far.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94