Gigi Reyes left PH for Macau on Aug. 31By Philip C. Tubeza
Philippine Daily Inquirer
MANILA, Philippines—Jessica Lucilla “Gigi” Reyes, former chief of staff of Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile who was linked to the P10-billion pork barrel scam, left the country late last month and has yet to return, acting Immigration Commissioner Siegfred Mison said Thursday.
Mison said Reyes left the country for Macau on Aug. 31.
“Based on our records, she has not returned,” the immigration chief said.
Levito Baligod, the lawyer of the group of whistle-blowers, earlier said that Reyes was among the 14 people who would be charged with plunder for their role in the pork barrel scam.
Reyes allegedly was one of those who served as “conduits” for channeling public funds to Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged mastermind behind the scam.
Mison said Reyes and other staff members of senators linked to the scam were still free to leave the country because there was no hold departure order against them.
He said the Bureau of Immigration was waiting for the Department of Justice to order that Reyes and the others be put on a watch list.