MANILA, Philippines—Commission on Audit Chairperson Gracia Pulido-Tan on Thursday presented to the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee the agency’s findings on the alleged bogus non-government organizations (NGO) connected to Janet Lim-Napoles.
A run-down of the eight “NGOs” showed that many failed to confirm their transactions and submit needed documents. Some had addresses leading to shanties or private homes.
Pulido-Tan also mentioned that COA visited Social Development Program for Farmer’s Foundation Inc. and were entertained by Benhur Luy. The inspection showed that the so-called NGO did not seem to have any staff and equipment, other than a desktop.
The eight dubious NGOs are:
1. Agri and Economic Program for Farmers Foundation, Inc. (AEPFFI)
2. Agricultura Para sa Magbubukid Foundation (APMFI)
3. Countrywide Agri and Rural Economic Development (CARED) Foundation
4. Masaganang Ani Para sa Magsasaka Foundation, Inc (MAMFI)
5. People’s Organization for Progress and Development Foundation (POPDFI)
6. Philippine Agri and Social Development Foundation Inc.
7. Philippine Social Development Foundation, Inc. (PSDFI)
8. Social Development Program for Farmers Foundation, Inc. (SDPFFI)