Clean-up in Manila Bay area ongoing after floods

A+
A
A-

INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines — Cleaning operations in Manila Bay continued Thursday to clear the garbage dumped in the area by tropical storm “Maring” Metropolitan Manila Development Authority Chairman Francis Tolentino said.

But unlike in 2012, Tolentino said they would finish cleaning up trash earlier this time as operations were conducted daily.

“Last year, there was an accumulation of trash that’s why cleaning took longer … this is why we’re doing it everyday…a day after, we’ve started removing them,” Tolentino said in Filipino in a phone interview, noting that an average of two trucks of garbage were being collected since cleaning operations started last Monday.

Tolentino said cleaning started around 6:30 a.m. Thursday and the team is almost finished clearing trash along Roxas Boulevard.

“But other trash are coming in so we’ll continue the cleaning,” he added.

Inquirer Viber

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:

c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94


editors' picks

advertisement

popular

advertisement

videos