MANILA, Philippines – Organizations throughout the country are urging the public to donate food, water, blankets and clothes for a massive relief operations for those affected by floods and rains from the enhanced southwest monsoon whipped up by tropical storm “Maring.”
List of relief operations accepting donations::
* The Philippine Red Cross is calling for volunteers to assist in the relief efforts. Interested persons may call their hotline: 143 or trunkline 527-0000 or email at [email protected] They can also be reached through their twitter account @philredcross and their Facebook account facebook.com/phredcross.
* Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) secretary Dinky Soliman called for volunteers to help in their relief operations. Interested persons may come to the DSWD National Resources Operations Center (NROC) along Chapel Road in Pasay City or contact Ronald Reonal at 852-8081 and Assistant Secretary Milo Gudmalin at 0920-948-5383.
* The University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) is calling for volunteers and relief goods. Relief goods may be dropped off at the back gate of the UA&P in Ortigas. Visit their website for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/550567924996397
* World Vision Development Foundation, Inc. is accepting donations for victims of floods. Visit their website to donate: http://worldvision.org.ph/forms/help/index.php
* World Vision is located at 389 Quezon Avenue Corner West 6th St. West Triangle, Quezon City, Philippines 1104. Contact numbers phone: (2) 374 7618 to 28 | Fax: (2) 374 7661
* The University of the Philippines (UP) Student Catholic Action announced that it was accepting donations in the form of canned goods, water, clothes, toiletries, etc. which can be dropped off at the Parish of the Holy Sacrifice in UP Diliman. Francesca Magcaleng may be contacted at 0926-762-1366 or visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/upsca.diliman
* “IskoOperations” Relief Operations of UP Diliman at the College of Human Kinetics gym is in need of donations and volunteers.
* Victory Church also began relief operations and called for donations of relief goods 1p.m. Tuesday afternoon. Donations may be brought to Victory centers Victory Fort (Every Nation Building), Victory Alabang, Victory Makati, Victory Ortigas, Victory Pioneer, and Victory Quezon City. Visit their Facebook page for more information https://www.facebook.com/victoryph/posts/10151609702892503
* Santo Domingo Church along Quezon Avenue in Quezon City called for water, food and medicine for the 1,200 evacuees held there. Donors may contact 02-712-6271 and look for Sr. Cayanan.
For more information about relief operations, visit http:// www.reliefph.com.