Labuyo damages P57M properties in Luzon
More News from Frances Mangosing
MANILA, Philippines — Typhoon Labuyo (international codename: Utor) has, so far, caused P57 million worth in damages to properties of affected provinces in Luzon, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.
In its 5 a.m. report on Tuesday, NDRRMC said P43 million of the P57,459,573.58 were in Aurora. Of the P43 million, P38 million were damages to infrastructure.
There were 1,577 houses destroyed in Cagayan, Central Luzon, Bicol and Cordillera Administrative Region, with 299 totally damaged, the NDRRMC report added.
As of early Tuesday, 23 roads and 13 bridges were affected while 13 power outages were reported in Ilocos, Cagayan, Central Luzon and Cordillera.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development and local government units have so far given about P1.3 million worth of assistance to the victims of the typhoon.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94