Traffic buildup in major metro roads due to rains–MMDAINQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines — Traffic in major thoroughfares in Metro Manila started to build up Tuesday morning due to nonstop rains brought by tropical depression “Kiko.”
As of 9:08 a.m., the flow of vehicles along C-5 and EDSA have been moderate to heavy, the Metro Manila Development Authority said on its official Twitter account.
Current traffic situation in the metro are as follows:
* EDSA northbound from Taft to Tramo, Megamall to Santolan, along Monte, Xavierville to Miriam
* EDSA southbound along Muñoz, North and Tramo
* C5 southbound lane along Kalayaan
Moderate to Heavy:
* C-5 northbound from Market! Market! to Bagong Ilog
* Greenmeadows to Eastwood, C-5 southbound from C.P. Garcia to Ateneo, Libis to Bagong Ilog
* EDSA southbound from Quezon Ave. to Buendia, EDSA northbound from Ayala to Reliance
Meanwhile, a vehicular accident was reported in Mandaluyong putting the northbound lane of EDSA Reliance traffic at a standstill.
As of press time, there are no announcements of class suspensions.
All roads are passable. Julliane Love De Jesus