Traffic buildup in major metro roads due to rains–MMDA
MANILA, Philippines — Traffic in major thoroughfares in Metro Manila started to build up Tuesday morning due to nonstop rains brought by tropical depression “Kiko.”
As of 9:08 a.m., the flow of vehicles along C-5 and EDSA have been moderate to heavy, the Metro Manila Development Authority said on its official Twitter account.
Current traffic situation in the metro are as follows:
* EDSA northbound from Taft to Tramo, Megamall to Santolan, along Monte, Xavierville to Miriam
* EDSA southbound along Muñoz, North and Tramo
* C5 southbound lane along Kalayaan
Moderate to Heavy:
* C-5 northbound from Market! Market! to Bagong Ilog
* Greenmeadows to Eastwood, C-5 southbound from C.P. Garcia to Ateneo, Libis to Bagong Ilog
* EDSA southbound from Quezon Ave. to Buendia, EDSA northbound from Ayala to Reliance
Meanwhile, a vehicular accident was reported in Mandaluyong putting the northbound lane of EDSA Reliance traffic at a standstill.
As of press time, there are no announcements of class suspensions.
All roads are passable. Julliane Love De Jesus
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94