Nancy Binay: Attacks against my family continueBy Maila Ager |INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines — The attacks against the Binays do not seem to stop even though the May 13 senatorial election is over, Senator Ma. Lourdes “Nancy” Binay said over a dinner she hosted for Senate media on Wednesday.
“I already said that after the 2013 elections, the attacks against my family do not seem to stop because of 2016,” she said in a mix of English and Filipino.
The newly-elected senator is the daughter of Vice President Jejomar Binay, who has openly expressed intention to run for president in 2016.
She alleged that this time, the target was her brother Makati Mayor Jejomar Erwin “Jun-Jun” Binay.
Mayor Binay himself, she said, had said in an interview that he had been getting reports that his projects were being scrutinized.
“Maybe they are done with me… so they are now on to my other sibling,” she said.
Asked who might be behind the attack against her family, Senator Binay said: “Who do you think? They know who they are.”
Meanwhile, the Vice President confirmed that his son had been a target of their enemies.
“They are trying to find a case against him,” he said in Filipino.
Asked who could be behind such move, the Vice President said: “I think it’s no longer a 64,000 dollar question. You know where that will come from.”
Asked if his suspect was a Cabinet member, the Vice President said: “Your answer is as good as mine.”
When asked again if Interior Secretary Manuel “Mar” Roxas II, whom he defeated in the 2010 vice presidential race, might have something to do with it, Binay said: “E ayoko namang masama sa mga spekulasyon pero yung haka-haka at pakiramdam mo siguro nagkakapareho na tayo.”
The Vice President snapped when this reporter mentioned again the name of Roxas.
“Bakit ba pinagdidiinan mo sa akin si Mar Roxas, e di tanungin mo si Mar Roxas,” he said.
Senator Binay expressed hope that the mudslinging would stop so they could all start working.