Quantcast

ARMM execs adjust flood figures



COTABATO CITY—The regional disaster management office in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) said it has revalidated displacement figures in connection with the Maguindanao floods, and the number is way below the previously reported figure.

Jean Ayupan, operations officer of the ARMM’s Regional Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council, said the confirmed number was only 61,947 individuals and was based on figures that had been verified as of Wednesday.

Earlier reports put the number of displaced individuals due to floods at more than 90,000.

Ayupan, however, said the floods led to the suspension of classes in at least 13 schools. Charlie Señase, Inquirer Mindanao


Follow Us


Recent Stories:

Complete stories on our Digital Edition newsstand for tablets, netbooks and mobile phones; 14-issue free trial. About to step out? Get breaking alerts on your mobile.phone. Text ON INQ BREAKING to 4467, for Globe, Smart and Sun subscribers in the Philippines.

Tags: Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao , floods , News , Philippine disasters




Copyright © 2014, .
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94
Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement