Floods force 50,000 to flee in N. Cotabato, says gov
More News from Karlos Manlupig
More News from Inquirer Mindanao
DAVAO CITY, Philippines — More than 50,000 people were forced to leave their homes in six North Cotabato towns on Friday evening as floodwaters rose to dangerous levels and threatened their safety, North Cotabato Governor Emmylou Taliño-Mendoza reported Saturday.
Mendoza said a total of 26 villages were now submerged in the towns of Carmen, Kabacan, Matalam, Mlang, President Roxas and Tulunan when rivers overflowed starting Friday evening.
Two houses in Tulunan were also buried in mud and debris during a landslide, she said.
Mendoza said the good news was that there had been no casualties reported so far.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94