DUE TO HEAVY RAINS
Major Metro Manila schools suspend classes
More News from INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines —Torrential rains prompted the suspension of classes in major schools and universities in Metro Manila Thursday.
1. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) @AngPamantasan: “Due to heavy rains and extreme flooding, classes and admin works in PLM are suspended effective 4 p.m. PLM-CEP”
2. San Beda College College of Arts and Sciences @TheBedan: “classes are suspended from 4 p.m. onwards, today, June 13. ”
3. University of the Philippines Manila @UPManilaOnline: “At 15:30, classes and offices have been suspended at UP Manila due to bad weather. ”
4. Far Eastern University @FarEasternU: “Classes in FEU Manila are suspended due to continuous heavy rainfall and flooding in surrounding areas.”
5. Far Eastern University East Asia College, according to its official Facebook Page,“Classes in FEU East Asia College are suspended.”
6. The University of Santo Tomas “Due to the continuous rainfall and flooding inside UST, all classes are suspended from 3 p.m. onwards today. – Office of the Secretary General.”
7. Adamson University @AdamsonUni: “Classes and work today are suspended effective 4 p.m. due to inclement weather. Stay safe, Adamsonians.”
8. De La Salle University @DLSUManila: “Classes at all levels and in all campuses (except STC) including office work are suspended from 4:20 pm onwards,”
9. St. Paul University Manila @SPUQC1946; “Due to excessive rains and flooding in MM, classes in SPU Manila are suspended today, June 13, from 4 p.m. onwards.”
10. De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde @DLSCSB_official: “Benilde suspends classes as of today, June 13 due to inclement weather and flooding. Please take all necessary precautions on your way home.”
11. San Sebastian College-Recoletos @SSCROfficial: “Classes are suspended effective 4:30 p.m.”
12. St. Scholastica’s College @SSC_SC: “Classes are suspended starting from 4:30 p.m. This is according to Dean Ching. Pls spread the word and take care, Scholasticans!”
13. University of the East (@Official_UE) “Announcement: UE Manila classes in all levels for the rest of today, June 13, are now suspended by UE Pres. Ester Garcia. UE Manila only.”
Meanwhile, Colegio de San Juan de Letran (@LetranOfficial) said that it was not suspending classes in the collegiate level.
“Classes in the collegiate department will go on as usual,” the Manila-based college said in its Twitter account.
Orignally posted at 4:00 p.m.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94