Quezon City couple loses P2M in valuables to intruder
MANILA, Philippines—Lawmen are now hunting for a lone armed robber, who allegedly stole P2 million in valuables after breaking into a Quezon City house, which has been on the receiving end of previous attempted break-ins.
The assailant supposedly even pointed a gun at building contractor Buenaventura Adriano Jr. and his wife, who were jolted awake by the noise the intruder made in their bedroom early Monday morning.
After ransacking the bedroom in front of the terrified couple, the thief made off with wristwatches, gadgets and cash, all worth P2 million.
Inspector Alan dela Cruz, theft and robbery chief of the Quezon City Police District, said the victims’ house in Diamond Village, Barangay (village) Kaligayahan had been targeted by burglars in the past.
Quoting the victims’ account, the police official said there had been at least four attempted break-ins into the Adriano house.
“Three got botched in the process, for one reason or another. On one attempt, two burglars were caught but the couple forgave the suspects,” Dela Cruz said.
The latest break-in happened at around 4 a.m. Monday while Adriano, a building contractor for the National Kidney Transplant Institute, and his wife Maria Evelyn were asleep in their bedroom.
The Adrianos lost P1.3 million in jewelry, 10 branded wristwatches, a Nikon camera, and $3,800 in cash.
The intruder was described to be around 32 to 36 years old, 5’3″ tall, fair-skinned and thin features.
Case investigator Police Officer 2 George Caculba said the couple was jolted awake by the thief, who entered the bedroom through a sliding glass window of the bathroom.
After aiming a gun at his frightened victims, the armed man ransacked the bedroom and crept out of the same sliding glass window that he used to enter the house.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.