3 injured in fire near gas station in Cebu City
CEBU CITY, Philippines—At least three persons were injured in a fire that destroyed 11 houses and damaged two others at the back of a gasoline station on B. Rodriguez Street in Cebu City Thursday morning.
The authorities identified those injured as Marife David, who sustained first-degree burns on the left arm; Cuadra Xerxes, who had first-degree burns on the back and 2nd-degree burns on the right foot; and Antonio Arateo, who was injured on both arms.
The fire was reported to the Cebu City fire department at 10:13 a.m. and was placed under control at 10:36, according to Chief Insp. William Tacaldo, fire marshal of the Cebu City fire department.
The fire reportedly started at the house of Vicente David on B. Rodriguez Street in Barangay (village) Capitol Site, Tacaldo said.
Fire trucks remained in the area at noon to completely put out the flames, he added.
Tacaldo could not yet give and estimate of the damage caused by the fire.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.