De Lima to hand over NBI report on Quezon shooting to Aquino
MANILA, Philippines—Justice Secretary Leila de Lima will hand to President Aquino on Wednesday, the much-awaited report of the National Bureau of Investigation on the Jan. 6 shooting in Atimonan, Quezon, that left 13 members of an alleged criminal group dead.
De Lima told reporters that she was expecting the NBI to finally submit to her the report of its almost month-long investigation of the shooting, in which even President Aquino suspected foul play.
She earlier said the NBI report had already gone beyond 300 pages.
De Lima said on Tuesday, she intended to read the report first before giving it to President Aquino.
“I intend to submit the NBI report tomorrow (Wednesday). Just the other day, the President had asked me about the report and I told him I would give it to him on Wednesday,” she told reporters.
De Lima declined from answering questions on the results of the investigation.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.