MANILA, Philippines – A total of 16,908 out of 49,066 passed the Nurse Licensure Examination given by the Board of Nursing last December 2012 which was held in 16 areas around the country.
Successful examinees are required to take an oath before they can practice the nursing profession, the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) said.
In a statement from the PRC, new nurses are required to accomplish the Oath Form, current Community Tax Certificate, 2 pieces passport size photo with white background and complete name tag, 1 piece 1×1, color with white background and complete name tag, 2 sets of metered documentary stamps and 1 short brown envelope with name and profession. New nurses are also required to pay initial registration fee of P600 and annual registration fee of P400 for 2013 to 2016.
Meanwhile, the top 10 performing schools during the December 16 and 17 nursing licensure exams are:
1. Saint Paul University-Tuguegarao – 99.28 percent passing rate
2. Xavier University – 97.93 percent
3. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – 95.45 percent
4. Saint Paul University-Iloilo – 94.74 percent
5. University of Saint Louis –Tuguegarao – 94.52 percent
6. Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation – 94.51 percent
7. Saint Louis University -93.33 percent
8. San Pedro College Davao City – 89.41 percent
9. Southern Luzon State University-Lucban (SLPC) – 88.61 percent
10. Saint Mary’s University – 88.15 percent
List of Nursing licensure exam results: