The reports said the fire started at 9 p.m. due to faulty wiring of a home appliance. The fire was declared under control at 10 p.m.
Quoting fire officer Eduardo Mesa, GMA news said the still-undetermined number of families affected are staying at the village’s covered basketball court.
An unidentified resident interviewed said the houses were built close to each other and most were made up of wooden materials.
There were no reported injuries or casualties as of posting time. Totel V. de Jesus, INQUIRER.net