Mindanao cold front death toll rises to 9
More News from INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines—Three more people have been reported killed from rains dumped by a tail-end of a cold front in Mindanao the past few days, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported Thursday.
This brought the death toll from this phenomenon to nine so far, the NDRRMC said.
The latest reported fatalities were identified as John Michael Unson in Misamis Oriental; Teresa Acar Jamero, from Asuncion, Davao del Norte; and Jose del Campo from Tagum, Davao del Norte. They all died from drowning.
Three others remain unaccounted for as of Thursday noon.
Affected persons in Davao region, Soccksksargen and Caraga also rose to 97,908 families or 466,850 persons.
Evacuation shelters, meanwhile, were reported to be holding more than 124,400 persons.
Damages to infrastructure, agriculture and private properties have also reach P79 million, the NDRRMC said.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94