January 19th, 2013 11:02 PM
MANILA, Philippines—A 5.5 magnitude earthquake shook Samar island at 9:48 p.m. Saturday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake that struck 15 kilometers southwest of Balangkayan, Eastern Samar.
It was felt at varying intensities in the following areas:
- Intensity V- Borongan, Eastern Samar; Llorente, E. Samar
- Intensity IV- Tacloban City; Palo. Leyte; Basey, W. Samar
- Intensity III- Abuyog, Leyte
- Intensity II – St. Bernard, S. Leyte
- Intensity I- Surigao City
Comments do not represent the views of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments which are inconsistent with our editorial standards. FULL DISCLAIMER