5.5 quake jolts Samar
MANILA, Philippines—A 5.5 magnitude earthquake shook Samar island at 9:48 p.m. Saturday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake that struck 15 kilometers southwest of Balangkayan, Eastern Samar.
It was felt at varying intensities in the following areas:
- Intensity V- Borongan, Eastern Samar; Llorente, E. Samar
- Intensity IV- Tacloban City; Palo. Leyte; Basey, W. Samar
- Intensity III- Abuyog, Leyte
- Intensity II – St. Bernard, S. Leyte
- Intensity I- Surigao City
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.