Most wanted man in CV nabbed

A+
A
A-

Central Visayas policemen scored last Friday after they caught the No. 1 Most Wanted Person in Region 7 in Lanao del Norte.

Fernando “Boy Sanoy” Dorimon, 44, surrendered after PRO-7 policemen led by Chief Insp. George Ylanan, Regional Special Operations group chief, and Lanao del Norte policemen served Dorimon the warrant of arrest against him.

Dorimon is tagged as one of the suspects in the ambush of Aya barangay captain Lydio Baylon in La Libertad, Negros Oriental in 2007.

The attack not only killed their target Baylon but also six others who were with the late barangay captain at that time. Aside from the dead, the ambush also wounded five others.

There was coordination with Regional Intelligence Division of Region 9 after the  RID 7 received information about Dorimon, said Senior Supt. Pablo Labra, RID-7 chief.

RID-9 operatives monitored Dorimon after they received reports about his crime.

Last week, Labra ordered Ylanan and his men to arrest Dorimon in Lanao.

Ylanan and his group were armed with an arrest warrant for multiple murder and frustrated murder issued by Guihulngan Judge Mario Trinidad when they arrested Dorimon.

Yesterday, Ylanan and his men brought Dorimon to the PRO-7 office in preparation for his turnover to the Guihulngan police today.

Dorimon told Cebu Daily News in an interview at the PRO-7 detention cell that he was one of those involved in the attack.

Dorimon claimed that a man now detained at the Negros Oriental provincial jail recruited him in exchange for cash.

“Iyang ingon nako nga kung madayon ang misyon naay kwarta kuno pero walay klaro ug pila,” he said.

After the ambush in La Libertad, Dorimon had been living from place to place to elude arrest.

It was only last year that he decided to stay put in Lanao del Norte.

He said he would have wanted to surrender, but he didn’t have money to go to Guihulngan and so he stayed put in Lanao.

Baylon and his group were heading home to Aya from a  two-day seminar at the La Limar Beach Resort in Barangay San Jose conducted by the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, on March 9, 2007 when they were ambushed.

The group were on board a truck in Barangay Manluminsag, La Libertad when the attackers fired at them.

Those killed were Baylon, Rudy Maxilom, Edin Elod, Mitchille Galleposo, Judy Tuble, George Naata and Nonoy Naata while Jorlan Baylon, Edencito Beli-ot, Julito de la Cruz, Ignacia salimbagat, and Amaida Facturan were wounded in the attack.

Police said the informant would receive the P300,000 bounty for Dorimon. Correspondent Chito O. Aragon

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:

c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94

editors' picks

advertisement

popular

advertisement

videos