Saturday, October 22, 2016
newsinfo / Metro
  • share this

1 dead due to gunshot wounds on New Year’s Eve

/ 11:02 PM December 31, 2012

MANILA, Philippines–A 21-year-old man was declared dead on arrival in a hospital in Manila after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds in different parts of his body, a doctor said.

The victim who was rushed to the Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center in Manila around 7:30 p.m. was identified as Ringo de Vera, Dr. Alexander Hernandez said.

Hernandez said Ringo sustained gunshot wounds to his abdomen, chest and arm.


Radio reports said the shooting incident took place along Almeda corner Tayuman in Manila Monday evening.

Asked if the case can be related to the New Year celebration, Hernandez said it is an isolnated case as the shooting was apparently “intentional.”

“Hindi sya considered as related sa New Year kasi hindi sya galing sa fireworks or stray bullets,” Hernandez said.

Since December 21, JRMMC has, so far, recorded 22 firecracker-related incidents, victimizing mostly children.

While it may still be to early to make a statement, Hernandez said the number of incidents were observed to have gone down compared to last year’s record.

Meanwhile, six other persons were rushed to JRMMC for separate road accidents. No other information was available as of posting.

TAGS: Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center, New Year's Eve
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

© Copyright 1997-2016 | All Rights Reserved