Did you know?
What do I wish for our country this New Year 2013? I prayerfully wish for the following:
1. That our national and local leaders serve our people to the utmost and think less of themselves.
2. That the 2013 midterm elections be credible and peaceful.
3. That there be no more street children sniffing rugby and other solvents and begging for food and money in busy streets.
4. That no fatally destructive typhoons and other calamities hit our country.
5. That traumatized victims of typhoons and fires be consoled by generous and compassionate individuals, as well as by civic and religious organizations.
6. That the tension among countries, including the Philippines, over the disputed waters, shoals and islands in the West Philippine Sea comes to an end.
7. That the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless find refuge and care from government.
8. That those lowly and the poor be lifted from grinding poverty and find joy.
9. That the aged be comforted and cared for as they continue to live their twilight years.
10. That we as Filipinos learn to live more as responsible citizens.
I have no wish for myself except for God to increase my faith in Him and look kinder to me and my family.
—REGINALD B. TAMAYO,
assistant city council secretary,
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.