Boy dies after compressed air assault

A+
A
A-

MANILA, Philippines—A 4-year-old boy died several hours after a gasoline station attendant allegedly forced compressed air into the child’s anus using a hose for inflating tires.

Police identified the victim as Jevy Millanila, who died in hospital more than 12 hours after the alleged assault last Thursday afternoon.

Case investigator SPO1 Cristituto Zaldarriaga said police arrested 21-year-old Jeffry Namoco, a car wash attendant of the Caltex station at the corner of Retiro and Kanlaon Streets in Barangay Maharlika, Quezon City.

Police are preparing a homicide charge against the suspect, a resident of Barangay Culiat.

Zaldarriaga said Millanila, a Barangay Maharlika resident, was playing near the compressed air hose of the gas station at around 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

This apparently irked Namoco, prompting him to scold the child, who kept on playing near the hose.

The victim’s older brother, Resty, told police that at one point, he saw the child fall to the ground.

Zaldarriaga said Namoco was seen with the air hose in his hand, pointed toward the victim.

The boy’s parents rushed him to the Sta. Teresita Hospital, where the victim died during treatment at around 2:30 a.m. Friday.

Zaldarriaga said an initial investigation showed that the boy’s stomach was pumped with air although the autopsy results have yet to be released.

Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/NKMLL6HD6WUINN5XQWNKKQDFEA Edwin Edwin

    Dapat dito sa suspect ay pasakan din ng compressed air hose sa anus nya para maramdaman nya yong ginawa nya….

    Pathetic freak….

    • maniniyot kho

      Para lalong maramdaman  wag lang sa anus, kundi lahat ng butas ng katawan  pasakan ng hose itong siraulong ito.

  • huseng_batute

     The parents should also be charged for neglecting their child.

  • Mux

    Now I think I have read everything. 

  • Philcruz

    And I was already shocked at what is happening in the US. I will ask the same question. What is happening to our country?

    • suroy_suroy

       A lot of more crazies rooming freely around, that’s what happens.

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/FHD6L5MKQF4O5QHB72U7Y72WTY ex-maniac

    Padalawang kaso na to na nabasa ko tsk tsk tsk

  • malek_abdul

    This is the second time I read such incident. Some months ago a child died because one ignorant adult push compressed air to the boy’s anus which caused the  his stomach to bloat and killed him instantly. Same scenario, the man was also irked with the boy playing in his shop. Safety measures and information must be taught to those handling compressed air.

    • panhase

       If it is not compressed air it will be something else.
      They do not respect children as human beings, that is the problem.
      There is something wrong in society, twisted values.

  • opinyonlangpo

    This is the second time it happens during my stay in this country. Something is psychologically wrong with these people in the workshops.

    • panhase

      It´s just accidentaly this people are employed in a workshop. They could have been working somewhere else and if  they got the means and the opportunity they would behave the same.
      What is needed is respect for children as fellow human beings.The probably never learned how to respect and love their neighbour. If we all try follow this rule or commandment or however we would like to call, the less problems are in society.
      The neighbour is the one next to me, not the one I choose to accept as neigbour.

      • PHtaxpayer

         Hello, children should not be playing or roaming the streets without adult supervision – this is the issue, not about disrespecting them.

  • kismaytami

    Pabaya siguro ang magulang ng batang ito.

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/5HCO7FLGFY6OHY2TWAODG2UTHQ Alex

    Only addicts could do this thing since his vision has fooled him due to illegal drug, thus, liking the boy to an inflatable life-buoy. I hope an inquest case for murder was resolved already in favor of the victim. Another senseless killing, may you ‘boy R.I.P.’   

    • CyberPinoy

      bro hindi pa sigurado na ginawa yun ng gasoline boy, eto nalang isipin mo 4yr old na bata gumagal sa gasolinahan at dun naglalaro nasan ang bantay nun o yung magulang. Hindi ba dun palang accident waiting to happen na yun, what if yung bata mismo pinaglaruan yung hose at ipinasok sa pwet nya na ginagaya ang gulong pag may nagpapa-hangin.  Just a thought lang dude!  Innocent until proven guilty, pero ang talagang guilty dyan ay yung magulang ng bata..

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/NRLFHB4ZOMCNGDUJ2ZINRV7DAQ Juan

    nangyari na ito dati. same outcome.

  • Mang_Ben

    Will the gasoline station owner be liable, too?

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/ACXLKMGG2UFLSQTNFV5MCIVYS4 Benjie

    Very sad. ‘Seems the mental health of the gas attendant wasn’t checked. He must have been under pressure trying to meet fuel sales targets and just cracked.

  • PHtaxpayer

    obviously these are batang-kalye.  where are his parents?  they are liable for leaving a toddler alone in the streets?  did anyone here stop and think about that?  why do we accept its ok for children to be playing in the streets?  whether its a stupid gas attendant, car accident or pedophile, something bad will happen to small children who play in the streets!  

    The police and the local govt should cite parents and places of business like gas stations who allow small children to roam unattended. Then these accidents won’t happen. Simple lang. Dunno how stupid people can react to this kind of incident.

  • anavy

    E iyang hose para makapag-inflate ng gulong e kailangang matrigger ang mechanism sa loob. Hindi naman basta lang hose iyan e. May mechanism yan sa dulo na kapag gusto mong mahanginan ang gulong e sa isang parte lang ng gulong ipinapasok..”Schrader valve” ang tawag diyan na commonly nakakabit sa RIM.. Diyan mo iiinsert ang dulo ng hose mechanism para mahanginan ang gulong.. Hindi puwedeng isasalpak mo lang sa puwet ng bata e mahahanginan na ang tiyan nito.. sana pinagisipan muna ang balita bago naisulat..
    Maaaring hindi hangin ang ipinasok sa puwet.. kung may car wash equipment, e baka pressured water na madaling macontrol ng isang tao..
    So maaaring malagyan ng hangin ang tiyan ng bata mula sa puwet niya kung dalawang tao ang gagawa.  Open ang kabilang dulo ng hose, may magcocontrol ng gate valve sa kabilang dulo, open or close.. then ang isa ang magsasalpak ng dulo ng hose sa puwet ng bata. Kailangan niyang hawakan maigi yung open end hose dahil huhulagpos yon duon sa puwetan..

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Luke-Benson/100000145817134 Luke Benson

    well the leftist democrats here in America would vote on whether or not to ban all air hoses that could possibly be used to assault someone instead of laying the blame where it belongs, the criminal that used the air hose as an “assault” weapon.

  • manushya van pelt

    The murderer of this poor child should  be sentenced to death, I can’t understand some reactions here  giving all the shame to the parents who must be heartbroken at the loss of their son murdered  in such an horrible way. My thoughts go to the family. 

  • manushya van pelt

    @ Benjie))….you have a strange way of thinking….The murderer was stressed therefore he puts a gas compressor in the little child’s anus???  What do you do your self  when you are stressed? You got a sick mind.

To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.

Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:

c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94