Saturday, December 3, 2016
Close  
  • share this

Hold departure order issued vs mayor in Agusan

/ 11:30 PM December 19, 2012

A hold departure order has been issued against Tubay, Agusan del Norte Mayor Sadeka Garcia Tomaneng in connection with a criminal complaint for the alleged illegal demolition of houses filed against her at the Sandiganbayan.

The Sandiganbayan fifth division also ordered the Bureau of Immigration to also prevent the travel of municipal engineer Christopher Noval

Dagani.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the order, which was signed by fifth division chair Justice Roland Jurado and Associate Justices Alexander Gesmundo and Amparo Cabotaje-Tang, the Sandiganbayan said it was using “its inherent power to … preserve and maintain the effectivity of its jurisdiction over the case and the persons of the accused.”

Tomaneng and Dagani had been charged at the Sandiganbayan by the Ombudsman with the illegal demolition of the houses of Tubay residents Luciano Selades Jr., Luciano Selades Sr. and Johnny Cabalan.

The Ombudsman described their acts as “revolting.”

Assistant Ombudsman Elvira Chua said Tomaneng and Dagani acted in “evident bad faith.” Inquirer Mindanao

TAGS: Agusan Del Norte, Crime, Illegal Demolition, Sadeka Garcia Tomaneng
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2016 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved