DOJ resets formal probe into Aman Futures
MANILA, Philippines–The Department of Justice’s formal investigation into the case against Aman Futures was rescheduled next week after one of the accused sought more time to answer the complaint against them.
Aman Futures Group Philippines has been tagged behind the P12-billion investment scam that victimized about 15,000 people from Visayas and Mindanao.
Aman Board member Fernando Luna and his wife Nimfa said they need more time to submit their counter-affidavits because they have received copy of the complaint a few days before the hearing.
The panel, headed by Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Edna Valenzuela, gave them up to Dec. 27 at 11 a.m.
Another respondent, agent Areceli Julian, was also summoned to personally affirm her answer, which she only subscribed before a notary public earlier.
“The complainants agreed to this resetting,” Valenzuela told reporters Tuesday.
Valenzuela said all respondents – except the Luna couple – were able to submit their counter-affidavits during the hearing where Aman officers and agents faced their victims for the first time since the firm collapsed earlier this year.
The formal preliminary investigation against Aman was held first at the DOJ in Manila last Nov. 27 where five other Board members – Leila Lim Gan, Eduard Lim,Willanie Fuentes, Naezelle Rodriguez and Lurix Lopez – appeared and submitted affidavits detailing their participation in the operations of Aman. They all wanted to testify against Aman Futures head Manuel Amalilio.
DOJ records showed it has already received about 15 sets of complaints against Aman Futures.