Saturday, October 22, 2016
newsinfo / Nation
  • share this

AFP donates P3M to ‘Pablo’ victims

/ 12:21 PM December 12, 2012

MANILA, Philippines—The Armed Forces of the Philippines will donate P3 million for victims of typhoon Pablo (international name Bopha), which ravaged Visayas and Mindanao last week.

“The amount will be used to purchase construction materials and equipment to build shelters for the victims who lost their homes during the typhoon,” military spokesman Colonel Arnulfo Marcelo Burgos Jr. said.

The AFP has released P1.5 million, while P1 million will be taken from the command to boost the efforts of the troops conducting humanitarian assistance and disaster relief in Mindanao.


The AFP has also released P500,000 to purchase medicines for the victims.

It has also deployed six medical teams to bring relief to the victims of the recent calamity, Burgos said.

Typhoon “Pablo” has killed more than 700, with about 900 missing as of latest. It also left an estimated P7billion worth of damage.

TAGS: Armed Forces of the Philippines, Arnulfo Burgos Jr., humanitarian aid, Pablo, Typhoon Pablo
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

© Copyright 1997-2016 | All Rights Reserved