Rape suspect falls after eluding cops for more than a yearBy INQUIRER.net, Matikas Santos
MANILA, Philippines – A man who is facing a rape complaint and who has been allegedly in hiding for more than a year was arrested in Lucena City, the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) said Tuesday.
Police Director Samuel Pagdilao, CIDG Chief, said Robert Bolanos, 60, a former overseas Filipino worker (OFW) was arrested in a raid in Barangay Domoit, Lucena early Tuesday.
Bolanos has two warrants of arrest for rape and three counts of child abuse issued by the Lucena Trial Court.
Bolanos was previously charged with alleged sexual abuse of the seven year old daughter of his former live-in partner.
The abuse happened since 2004 when Bolanos and the woman began living together, Pagdilao said.
It was only in 2009 that the daughter told her mother about the sexual abuse from Bolanos. It was then that they separated and Bolanos was charged with cases of sexual abuse, he added.