Aquino declares 16 national holidays for 2013
More News from INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines—President Benigno Aquino has declared 16 national holidays for 2013.
The declaration is contained in Proclamation 459 signed by Aquino on August 16, declaring regular holidays, special non-working holidays and special holiday for schools next year.
- New Year’s Day: January 1 (Tuesday)
- Maundy Thursday: March 28
- Good Friday: March 29
- Araw ng Kagitingan: April 9 (Tuesday)
- Labor Day: May 1 (Wednesday)
- Independence Day: June 12 (Wednesday)
- National Heroes Day: August 26 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day: November 30 (Saturday)
- Christmas Day: December 25 (Wednesday)
- Rizal Day: December 30 (Monday)
Special (non-working) days
- Black Saturday: March 30
- Ninoy Aquino Day: August 21 (Wednesday)
- All Saints Day: November 1 (Friday)
Additional special (non-working) days
- December 24 (Tuesday)
- December 31 (Tuesday)
Special holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary: February 25 (Monday)
Meanwhile, the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha will be declared as national holidays “after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations,” the proclamation read.
“The National Commission on Muslim Filipinos shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall,” it said.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94