Aquino declares 16 national holidays for 2013INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines—President Benigno Aquino has declared 16 national holidays for 2013.
The declaration is contained in Proclamation 459 signed by Aquino on August 16, declaring regular holidays, special non-working holidays and special holiday for schools next year.
- New Year’s Day: January 1 (Tuesday)
- Maundy Thursday: March 28
- Good Friday: March 29
- Araw ng Kagitingan: April 9 (Tuesday)
- Labor Day: May 1 (Wednesday)
- Independence Day: June 12 (Wednesday)
- National Heroes Day: August 26 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day: November 30 (Saturday)
- Christmas Day: December 25 (Wednesday)
- Rizal Day: December 30 (Monday)
Special (non-working) days
- Black Saturday: March 30
- Ninoy Aquino Day: August 21 (Wednesday)
- All Saints Day: November 1 (Friday)
Additional special (non-working) days
- December 24 (Tuesday)
- December 31 (Tuesday)
Special holiday (for all schools)
- EDSA Revolution Anniversary: February 25 (Monday)
Meanwhile, the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha will be declared as national holidays “after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations,” the proclamation read.
“The National Commission on Muslim Filipinos shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall,” it said.