POLICE FILESCebu Daily News
GUARD, HABAL DRIVER KILLED
A SECURITY guard and a habal-habal driver were shot dead in separate incidents in Cebu City.
Melvin Emoy, 49, was found slumped on the ground at dawn yesterday in front of the MHR Warehouse he was guarding in Humabon Street in barangay Carreta.
Emoy, 49, of Gradelock LSIA Employees Multi-Purpose Cooperative Security Agency, had a gunshot wound in the face.
A .38 revolver and kitchen knife were recovered at the crime scene.
Police said the two unidentified men were seen hurriedly leaving the area after Emoy was shot.
Police said that last week, Emoy confronted a group of youngsters who allegedly tried to rob a man in the area.
In barangay Inayawan, Allan Baluyos, 20, was shot repeatedly while walking along a road last Wednesday night.
Police said the assailant had two cohorts.
Police are still investigating the two cases./CORRESPONDENT CHITO O. ARAGON
MAN FOUND DEAD AT HOME
A 46-YEAR-OLD man was found dead inside the toilet of his house in barangay Poblacion, Talisay City, southern Cebu.
Nicanor Manayaga, 46, bore head injuries when he was found at dawn yesterday.
Police said it was possible that the man slipped and hit his head on the concrete flooring.
The man’s wife told police that the man was drunk during the incident. She said she checked on her husband when he didn’t go out several minutes after he went in.
The wife said she saw her husband bloodied and brought him to the Talisay City District Hospital. The attending physician declared Manayaga dead.
SPO1 Mikie Espina of Talisay City police said the body will be autopsied to determine the cause of death./CORRESPONDENT GABRIEL C. BONJOC
BUENAFE READY TO LEAVE
THE chief of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) is expecting that he could be replaced anytime soon.
Senior Supt. Melvin Ramon Buenafe said he could be transferred to another assignment since he had already served for two years as CCPO chief.
City or provincial police directors are only allowed to hold their post for two years.
Buenafe said he is just waiting orders from Camp Crame.
The Senior Officers and Placement Board (SOPB) of the Police Regional Office in Central Visayas (PRO-7) will submit a list of police officials who could replace Buenafe.
The list will be sent to Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama, who will then pick Buenafe’s replacement from the list./CORRESPONDENT CHITO O. ARAGON