Preparations up for Robredo’s state funeral – PalaceINQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines – A committee has been formed to take charge of the arrangements for the funeral of Robredo, Presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said on Tuesday.
In his statement, Lacierda said that the panel was created after Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. issued Memorandum Circular 36. The group is composed of representatives from the Department of the Interior and Local Government, the Office of the Presidential Spokesperson, Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office (PCDSPO), Presidential Management Staff, Presidential Appointments Office, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine National Police, Presidential Security Group, Office of Presidential Protocol, Malacañang Social Office, and the city government of Naga.
According to the memorandum, it was only “fitting and proper that the State renders honor to the late Secretary of the Interior and Local Government, commensurate with the peoples’ affection and admiration for him.”
Lacierda said that the committee will make “all the necessary arrangements for the official honors and state funeral for the late Jesse M. Robredo, in keeping with protocol, our laws, and the wishes of the bereaved family.”
The PCDSPO had been designated as lead office in the meetings of the committee.