Man survives snake bite
More News from Cebu Daily News
A LUPON member of Barangay Pit-oas in Cebu City was bitten by a “hanlulokay”, a type of snake which entered their house in Villa Leyson yesterday afternoon.
But George Arcayan was lucky that the three-foot long snake that bit him isn’t poisonous.
He received an anti-tetanus serum injection at the Cebu City Medical Center and was discharged at 5 p.m yesterday.
Arcayan said the snake entered the living room past noontime. He said he got a kitchen knife and stabbed the snake twice. “I only knew that I got bitten when my right thumb bled,” he said.
He wrapped his thumb with a rubber band to prevent the venom from spreading. The incident occured days after a zoo worker survived a bite from a King Cobra at the Cebu City Zoo. Chief of Reporters Doris C. Bongcac
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these chat apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94