Bureau of Customs resumes work WednesdayBy Fat Reyes
MANILA, Philippines—Bureau of Customs (BOC) Commissioner Ruffy Biazon clarified Wednesday that work resumed at the agency.
In his official twitter account @ruffybiazon, Biazon said he had been receiving text messages from employees and brokers asking if there was work at the agency.
In one of his tweets, he said work was resumed because there was no suspension order from the National Government and that more is needed to be done, especially on the clearance of cargoes and shipments.
“Yes, we consider the scenario of the streets. But duty compels us and for the BOC, we can’t afford delays in the flow of goods,” he added.