Cebu City rob suspect killedCebu Daily News
A man who was part of a group of robbers who attacked an armored van in Cebu City last year was killed in Misamis Occidental last Monday.
Francis Raagas, 31, was killed when a businessman whom he and another cohort tried to rob fought back, said Chief Insp. Romeo Santander, chief of the City Intelligence Branch of Cebu City Police Office (CCPO).
Santander said the armed businessman was also killed in the incident which happened in Bonifacio town.
Raagas’ companion was wounded in the incident.
With the death of Raagas, all the suspects in the foiled robbery in Robinsons Place in Fuente Osmeña are now accounted for, said Santander.
Santander said Raagas was a member of a robbery group headed by Junjun Cabando.
Raagas was identified by witnesses as one of the robbers who attacked an armored van in Robinsons Place in September last year.
Cabando was wounded while his three cohorts were killed when they engaged policemen in a shootout.
About P1.2 million in cash that was intercepted from the delivery of an armored van of China Bank was recovered.
Cabando was arrested last month. He is currently detained at the Cebu City Jail./CORRESPONDENT CHITO O. ARAGON