DoH confirms 2nd case of EV-71By Erwin Aguilon
Radyo Inquirer 990AM
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Health (DoH) confirmed on Tuesday a second case of Enterovirus (EV-71) in the country.
Assistant Health Secretary Eric Tayag said that specimens from a five-year-old boy from Benguet province tested positive for a mild case of EV-71 at the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
This is the second case of EV-71 in the country since a 19-month-old toddler in Davao City tested positive for the virus earlier this month.
The patient from Benguet is recuperating at home, Tayag said.
The DoH also assured the public that the form of the EV-71 virus found in the country was milder than the form of the EV-71 virus which killed more than 60 children in Cambodia.
For more of the report, listen to Radyo Inquirer 990AM.