How to fold a paper craneInquirer Southern Luzon
1. Fold the paper in half lengthwise along the dotted line.
2. Make a crease down the middle to mark the center, then diagonally fold down the right side of the paper toward the front.
3. Diagonally fold the left side toward the back.
4. Open the bottom by inserting your finger and fold left and right points together spreading the front and back crease.
5. Crease front left and right edges to the center, then back out and pull up bottom point to produce shape shown in next panel.
6. Turn over to the back and repeat for the back.
7. Fold left and right edges along dotted line into center for both front and back sides.
8. Open both sides along the vertical center axis and crease, producing the split top as shown in the next panel.
9. Fold bottom front point upward along the dotted line.
10. Fold the same point forward and down along the dotted line.
11. Fold bottom point to the back along the dotted line to make a tail.
12. Open left and right sides and crease.
13. Fold down the wings and gently pull on head and tail to expand the body.
14. To complete your paper crane, blow gently into the bottom to help expand the body.
More from this Column:
- No ‘better alternatives’ for unopposed bets?
- Governor cites inheritance for rise in net worth
- In Sorsogon, political clan patriarch takes on ‘Justin Bieber’
- Name-calling gets nastier in Laguna
- Villafuertes’ fight baffles voters in Camarines Sur