2-month-old baby injured in Mandaluyong fire
MANILA, Philippines—A two-month old baby sustained burn injuries after a row of houses in Mandaluyong caught fire before dawn Friday, a city fire bureau officer said.
Senior Fire Officer 1 Ramon Sta. Ana said baby Filseint Collins Magalawis sustained second-degree burns in his right arm after his family’s house and of 10 others along Martinez Street, Barangay (village) Addition Hills, were gutted by fire, which broke out at 1:37 a.m.
Initial investigation shows that the fire started from the house of the Magalawis family, allegedly caused by a lighted candle that was left unattended.
“There was no electricity in the area this morning that is why they have lighted a candle,” the arson investigator said.
Sta. Ana said the fire reached fifth alarm before it was completely put out at 2:24 a.m.
Cost of damages, he said, was estimated to be at around P100,000, saying that the houses were made only of light materials.