8-year-old boy electrocuted in ZambalesBy Matikas Santos
MANILA, Philippines—An eight year old boy in Zambales was electrocuted when an electrical transmission line of the National Power Corporation (NPC) fell on him after exploding Thursday.
The transmission line of the NPC inside the Ramon Magsaysay Elementary School in Barangay (village) San Juan, Castillejos, Zambales, exploded at around 4:30 p.m. Thursday, a report of the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council said Friday.
The explosion caused one of its live wires to fall on the boy, identified as James G. Sanchez, electrocuting him.
Two other victims, identified as Jose Genedy Sanchez, 24, and Rosandy Gutierrez, 7, sustained burns and were rushed to the James L. Gordon Hospital, Olongapo City for treatment.