Photo director electrocuted in film shootCebu Daily News
A 34-YEAR-OLD photography director was electrocuted while shooting a short film in barangay Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City.
Leandro Encinareal, a resident of barangay Pinyahan, Quezon City, died a few hours after he was brought to the Our Lady of Hope Maternity and General Hospital.
The incident happened at the Agusto Compound around 2 a.m. last Tuesday.
Police said Encinareal and seven others were shooting a short film for a thesis.
The group was in its fourth day of shooting when the accident occurred, said Susan Larson, a film making student of Bigfoot Academy in barangay Mactan.
Larson said they tapped Encinareal for the project. The fatality was supposed to go home to Quezon City yesterday.
Larson said Encinareal was holding the stand of a two-kilowatt fog lamp for the film lighting when he instructed her to plug the lamp to an outlet.
Larson said as soon as she plugged the lamp, Encinareal shouted to her to unplug the lamp apparently because of the electric shock that ran to his body.
Larson said she immediately unplugged the lamp and rescued Encinareal.
Larson said she still felt the electric shock when she touched Encinareal’s body.
Senior Supt. Rey Lyndon Lawas said investigators will check the fog lamp to find out if it was grounded./CORRESPONDENT NORMAN V. MENDOZA