Palace wants equal media exposure for all nominees to Chief Justice position
MANILA, Philippines—Malacañang on Wednesday said it was hopeful that all nominees for the chief magistrate position would receive equal attention from the media, following the Judicial and Bar Council’s (JBC) decision to allow live media coverage of its selection proceedings.
A Radyo Inquirer 990AM report quoted deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte as saying that they expected the same amount of air time for each of those nominated to replace former Chief Justice Renato Corona.
Only seven of the 38 nominees for the post have accepted their nomination so far, the report said.
For more of the report, listen to the Radyo Inquirer 990AM report.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.