Thursday, July 19, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Palace backs probe of P8.1-B DOH anomaly

/ 05:44 AM June 20, 2018

Malacañang said it expected the Department of Health (DOH) to complete an investigation of alleged irregularities surrounding an P8.1-billion project to build village health stations nationwide.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III on Monday announced an investigation into the project under his predecessor, Janette Garin.

The project contractor, J-Bros Construction, billed the DOH P2.9 billion for 429 health stations but Duque said only 270 had been completed. —Julie M. Aurelio

ADVERTISEMENT

Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: barangay health stations, Department of Health, DoH, Francisco Duque III
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
newsinfo

Air Force needs suppliers of 2 helicopter types

July 20, 2018 05:50 AM

newsinfo

Angono police take down antirape post, apologize

July 20, 2018 05:48 AM

newsinfo

Duterte appoints DSWD, NYC execs

July 20, 2018 05:44 AM

newsinfo

Aquino still in lookout bulletin

July 20, 2018 05:42 AM



© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.