Friday, June 22, 2018
Close  
  • share this

QC prosecutor’s office summons Villarin, Paras in phone theft case

/ 04:59 PM June 14, 2018

Akbayan Rep. Tom Villarin PHOTO FROM TWITTER

The Quezon City Prosecutor’s Office has required Akbayan Rep. Tom Villarin and former Negros Oriental representative and now Labor Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras to appear before its office on July 2 and 16 in connection with the theft case the partylist congressman filed against the latter.

Senior Assistant City Prosecutor Rodrigo del Rosario has also required Villarin to submit evidence and photographs of the i-Phone X allegedly taken by Paras.

ADVERTISEMENT

The preliminary investigation is scheduled on the said dates at 9:00 a.m., at the Prosecutor’s Office, in Quezon City.

READ: Rep. Villarin files theft charges vs DOLE Usec Jing Paras

Villarin has filed theft complaint against Paras for allegedly “snatching” his phone during a congressional hearing in March. Paras had already denied these allegations which Villarin said were caught by a closed circuit television (CCTV) camera.

READ: Labor Usec denies stealing Akbayan lawmaker’s phone

Villarin has also asked the House of Representatives to censure and ban Paras from entering the House premises.

READ: After filing theft complaint, Villarin wants Paras banned from House

RELATED STORY:

Paras mulls suing Villarin ‘for destroying my good name’

ADVERTISEMENT

/jpv

Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Akbayan, case, iphone, Labor usec, Paras, Villarin
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.